Saturday, May 7, 2011

Clay!


There are many kinds of clay. For my examples I’m using a High Fire Stoneware clay in a buff or light color. I like using a light colored clay when I don’t want the clay body to interfere with colors I’m adding.

**The following pictures of clay products are not meant to advertise for one as being better than another. I’m simply showing you examples of brands you can find – there are many more and I’m not promoting any particular kind as better. I prefer to use stoneware clay and fire it in a kiln but if that is not possible there are many other alternatives.

High Fire Stoneware Clays:







 
Air Drying Modeling Clay:


More types of modeling clays:


 
Clays you can bake in the oven:

 
Even Microwave Clay:

 
And Polymer Clays:


**Pictures of products not meant to promote one as better than another. The type you use depends on what you want to use it for and how you can finish the piece – whether you can use a Ceramic kiln or not - there are many choices out there for you to get Sculpting with!

No comments:

Post a Comment